The examination is 3 hours long. It contains 60 questions and each question is worth 1 point. The required passing grade is 60%. The materials for your use during the examination are provided to you. They are: a pencil, a paper sheet, a scientific calculator and an eraser. No other material or reference document is allowed during the examination.
Skill Content on Which Questions May Be Based
Section 1 - Fabricating parts and preparing the work to be done (41 %)
Section 2 - Installing distribution, exhaust and recovery networks (ventilation) (37 %)
- Installing ducts and devices
- Installing anchors and suspension system
- Installing ducts
- Connecting ducts
- Installing devices
- Installing accessories
- Safely installing and using means of access
- Installing scaffolds
- Safely using lifting equipment and scaffolds
Section 3 - Installing metal cladding and prefabricated objects (22 %)
- Installing cladding on roofs
- Installing roof cladding
- Welding parts to ancestral roofs
- Sealing pre-painted steel roofs
- Installing wall cladding
- Installing the cladding support system
- Installing the finishing cladding
- Installing prefabricated objects
- Using lifting and handling equipment
- Slinging a piece
- Lifting and moving a piece
- Communicating using the hand signal code
Samples of questions for provincial qualification examination.
The suggested documents are an important tool to help you prepare for the examination. However, your best asset to write the exam successfully are the quality and diversity of the skills you have acquired during your apprenticeship.
- ASSOCIATION DES ENTREPRENEURS EN REVÊTEMENT MÉTALLIQUE DU QUÉBEC (AERMQ). Manuel technique, Sainte-Thérèse, AERMQ, 2015, 250 p. In French only.
- LES PUBLICATIONS DU QUÉBEC. Gréage et levage: guide de sécurité (traduction, Marc Pelletier; collaboration Pierre Bouchard et al.; pour la Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail), Québec, Publications du Québec, 2006, 174 p. (in French only)
- CONSTRUCTION SAFETY ASSOCIATION OF ONTARIO. Hoisting and Rigging Safety Manual, Etobicoke, Ont., CSAO, 2009, 168 p.
- PENDER, James Angus. Welding, McGraw-Hill Co. of Canada, Montréal, 1968, 194 p.
- COMMISSION SUR LES NORMES, L’ÉQUITÉ, LA SANTÉ ET LA SÉCURITÉ DU TRAVAIL. Collection Guide d’installation et d’utilisation, Échafaudages, CNESST. In French only.