Employers and independent contractors are required to notify the CCQ of all changes concerning their company:
- Change of company address, mailing address or accountant’s address.
Form: To update information on your company file (PDF)
Online services: These changes can also be made in the “Employer’s File” section of our online services.
- Change to company personnel: the addition or removal of a person, or changes to a person's contact information or position.
Form: Update to company officers (PDF)
- Change to company name
- If neither the Québec business number or the legal status has changed, the employer must contact customer services directly to make the name change.
- If a change has been made to the legal status of the company, it is possible that a new employer number must be issued and that fees will be payable. The employer will need to contact customer services to find out the conditions specific to the employer’s situation.
- Gone out of business or resumption of business
- If a company ceases its activities, the CCQ must be notified in writing and be informed of the date on which the company’s activities will cease.
- If a company plans to resume its activities after having gone out of business, the CCQ must also be notified in writing and be informed of the date on which the company’s activities will resume.
In these two cases, the form To update information on your company file may be used.
Before going out of business, employers are required to issue a notice of termination of employment.
A company is automatically considered to have ceased operations after 26 months of inactivity based on the following criteria:
- No monthly report with activity filed
- No job site report
- No founded wage complaint
- No claim
- No contract reported to the CCQ
- No request for a situation letter
Form: To update information on your company file
- Fees payable
- Fees will be billed to you upon the resumption of your company’s activities if your company has been inactive for longer than 26 months.
- A company is consider inactive when not a single hour has been reported in the monthly reports including reports with no activity or when the company has gone out of business.