Vacation Cheques

Vacation Cheques

Twice a year, the Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) sends workers a vacation allowance: at the end of June for the amounts credited between July and December of the previous year, and at the end of November for the amounts credited from January to June of the same year.

Every month, the employer remits to the CCQ the indemnities for paid statutory holidays and obligatory annual vacations set out in the collective agreements. These amounts represent 13% of the salary earned by workers during each week of work:

  • 6% in annual vacations
  • 5.5% in paid statutory holidays
  • 1.5% in sick leave

Payment by cheque

For the annual summer vacation,

  • The cheque will be sent to the correct address if the worker has completed his or her change of address before May 29, 2020.
  • The cheque will be mailed out on June 19, 2020.
  • The cheque may be cashed starting June 19, 2020.

Payment by direct deposit

  • The deposit will be made on June 19, 2020 in the account indicated in the worker’s file on May 31, 2020.
  • Payment statements and vacation statements will be available in Online Services on June 19, 2020.
  • You will be notified by email when these documents are published.

Problems with the cheque

Workers who didn’t change their address before the deadline must ensure that they redirect their mail.

If the cheque has not arrived within 10 days from mailing or if the cheque has been damaged, the worker must contact the CCQ’s Customer Services, which will send him or her a declaration that will have to be sworn before a commissioner for oaths stating that the addressee did not receive the cheque. When it receives this declaration, the CCQ will make the necessary verifications.

Vacation and statutory Holiday, pension and union dues statements issued

From now on, all statements will be available in Online Services.

If there has been an error in the Relevé des congés et jours fériés payés, du régime de retraite et des cotisations syndicales, the worker must contact his or her employer. The employer may make the necessary corrections, if applicable. If there is a dispute, the worker must make a salary complaint.

If the employer has not remitted the amounts due to the CCQ, the note “N,” for “not collected,” will appear on the statement. The sums due may be the 13% of salary mentioned above (the vacation allowance), union dues, or social benefits. The CCQ takes every measure necessary to recover uncollected sums. By making a salary complaint, you may contribute to the verification and obtain more information regarding your case.

In addition, to be eligible for the Compensation Fund if the employer is insolvent, the salary complaint must be submitted to the CCQ within the 60 days set out in the regulation.

Details on vacation leave and statutory holidays

Workers can find their vacation statement with the most up-to-date data in the Online Services. In fact, even if amounts are shown as not collected on the statement issued, it is possible that between production of the statement and its receipt, the employer has proceeded with payment.

Workers should therefore consult the online services in order to validate the information.

If you have not subscribed to our online services, create your profile now.


By continuing to navigate on this site, you accept the use of cookies and other tracers enabling us to propose content and promotions adapted to your interests and to gather visit statistics for the purpose of improving your navigation experience. You may block the transmission of data at any time by using the Google add-on.

To find out more about our confidentiality policy and conditions of use, click here.