With the Semaine québécoise des personnes handicapées (June 1–7, 2019) around the corner, la Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) unveils its Action Plan for People with Handicaps 2019–2021 and its 2018 report.
This plan is aimed at making the construction industry more inclusive and respectful of the needs of handicapped people and their families. It targets:
- Workers, companies, and retirees in the construction industry
- The general public seeking information on the industry or the services offered by the CCQ
- CCQ employees
A constructive 2018 report
The 2018 annual report for the Action Plan 2017–2018 is a constructive one. Among the accomplishments are the start-up or completion of more than 24 measures, including:
- The updating of more than 160 publications to include a note on the possibility of receiving an adapted version upon request
- Availability, free of charge, of a reader or interpreter to assist with taking qualification exams
- The setting up of the Ligne relais-construction, which provides support, among other things, to people suffering discrimination, which may affect people with handicaps
Do you need support?
If you are a person with handicaps having issues with on-the-job integration, you should know that support is available. Contact the CCQ’s support service, available at 1 888 842-8282.
Do you have a story to share?
The CCQ is interested in sharing the stories of employers who have successfully integrated people with a handicap into their work teams. Would you like to tell yours? Contact the CCQ by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.