Working in another Canadian province

You hold a competency certificate and wish to work in another Canadian province:

  • If your competency certificate bears a Red Seal Endorsement, your skills will automatically be recognized by the regulatory bodies in the other provinces and territories;

  • If you hold a journeyman competency certificate issued by the CCQ without a Red Seal Endorsement:

    • Your skills should be recognized throughout the country, without having to pass the Red Seal exam. However, before recognizing your qualification, the host province or territory may verify that the practice of the trade in Quebec is equivalent to the practice of the trade in their territory.

Depending on your trade, you may wish to register with a regulatory body in the host province or territory to obtain a permit or licence (without a qualification examination).