Not Completed DES

The Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) has neither the authority nor the expertise to evaluate your academic prerequisites. It is therefore useless to send us an academic transcript unless the diploma or certificate of completed studies is mentioned. A person who has not finished high school must go to a training centre that offers evaluation of academic prerequisites.

Evaluation services for academic prerequisites

The training centres offering these services have the resources to provide information to clients and evaluate their personal file. They may also analyze the file and offer alternatives that are recognized by the entire school system, such as:
  • The test d’équivalence de niveau de scolarité (TENS);
  • Assessment of the school units in French, English, and mathematics;
  • Evaluation of functional prerequisites.

Following analysis of a file, if the candidate possesses the prerequisites for admission to the study program for the trade that he or she wants to practice, he or she receives a Certificate of Prerequisites. This document must be presented to the CCQ with an application for issuance of a competency certificate-apprentice (CCA). This analysis takes time and the presence of the candidate; therefore, an appointment must be made.

To find out which training centres offer evaluation of academic prerequisites, contact the school board in your region, go to one of our regional offices or simply contact us by e-mail or by telephone in order to obtain the information you require.

It is important to note that the Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) accepts only original documents.