Change of address

  • Worker

A worker with a valid competency certificate (or exemption from holding a competency certificate) who wishes to change his domicile address (which determines his placement region), must submit three supporting documents with his request. Once the change of address has been confirmed, he receives a notice of confirmation of change to be kept with his competency certificate (or exemption).

However, if his competency certificate (or exemption) has expired or if he only wishes to change his mailing address (to which the worker’s mail is sent), the worker does not have to submit supporting documents.

A change of address may be made in four ways.

  • Using our online services:
    The worker accesses “Mon dossier” to change his mailing and/or domicile address and submits his three supporting documents by mail, fax or in person, if required.
  • By mail or fax:
    The worker prints out, fills in and signs the change of address form and sends it to the customer service at the regional office of his new region. He attaches the three supporting documents to the form, if required.
  • In person at a regional office:
    The worker appears in person at the customer service of the regional office in his new region, with his three supporting documents, if required.
  • By telephone:
    The worker telephones the customer service and requests an update to his mailing and/or domicile address. He then submits his three supporting documents by mail, fax or in person, if required.


The head office, mailing or accounting address of the corporation, company or sole proprietorship may be changed in two ways.

Supporting documents

Supporting documents must be dated after the change of domicile, but no more than one year after the change. Original documents, faxes, photocopies and printouts of web bills or statements are accepted. The employee’s name and new address must be shown on each document.

For a change of address to a different placement region, at least one of the documents must be issued by a public utility:

  • A bill from a service agency related to the home (Hydro-Québec, Cablevision, Gaz Métro, Bell, Internet service);
  • A cell phone bill (a subscription document for this service is not accepted);
  • A confirmation of change of address from Canada Post.

Other acceptable documents:

  • Credit card bill;
  • Bank statement;
  • Investment statement;
  • Municipal bill;
  • Transfer taxes (welcome tax);
  • Municipal tax notice (municipal tax account);
  • Notarized deed of sale of a residence;
  • Home insurance certificate;
  • Automobile insurance certificate;
  • Current driver’s licence with new residential address (new address on front only);
  • SAAQ confirmation of change of address;
  • Document issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (notice of assessment, T4, etc.);
  • Document from the Revenu Québec or the Ministère des Finances du Québec (notice of assessment, statement 1, cheque, etc.);
  • Statement of Employment Insurance benefits;
  • Document from various provincial and federal ministries, departments, and agencies;
  • Attestation of registration in an academic program;

*A lease, pay stubs or employment records are not accepted.

Click here to obtain Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge. Click here to obtain Adobe Acrobat Reader free of charge.